Monday, January 17, 2011

Questioning

"I believe the key to juggling multiple things in life is to stop questioning how you're going to do it, and do it."

I got this quote years ago from a Glamour magazine (not very literary, right?) but I think it's applicable to so many school situations. We've been starting PLCs at my school for a year and a half now, and I love it. It might be because I'm part of the leadership team that gets to 'preview' our professional development, or it might be because I'm a lover of anything social and anything kid-centered -- but I love it.

However, I feel like it's easy for us [school district] to discuss 'how to' too much and act too little. We spend hours of our professional development watching videos and self-assessing where we are now. We list out possible topics to discuss, possible products to create, etc. But... when we finally got to our rooms today it was better then anything we discussed. We had great conversations, and the products we created couldn't have been thought of outside the moment.

Stop questioning how you will do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment